Promotions: Hockey Fights Cancer
Jan 18, 2022
The Colorado Eagles and UCHealth are teaming up to bring you Eagles Fight Cancer Night on Saturday, January 22nd! This special night is all about honoring cancer warriors, past and present, in our community. We're all here to fight alongside these brave cancer warriors and be there for them every step of the way! Here is what fans can expect this year for Eagles Fight Cancer.
- I Play For Honoring: The Eagles and UCHealth will honor 18 cancer warriors in the “I Play For Campaign” each player will don the name of a cancer warrior on their helmet during the game.
- Lavender Light Up: The Budweiser Events Center will be lit up in all lavender lights for the game by Loveland-based Blazen Illuminations.
- Black Out Moment – Fans will be encouraged to light up the rink during a timeout in the game, using the lavender “Light the Rink” cards from their cup holders with their phone's flashlight.
- I Fight For Cards: Fans can submit a first name for an “I Fight For" card by commenting on the Eagles' Facebook or Twitter posts. Cards will be posted around the arena during the game and shown on AHLTV. In addition, fans can stop by the photo booth on the Bud Light Balcony and fill out an "I Fight For" card.
- Fans can also print a card HERE, take a photo and submit using the hashtag #EaglesHFC. Post your photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #EaglesHFC and see your photos on AHLTV and the in-arena video board via the TBK Bank Tagboard.
- Lavender Jerseys: Each Eagles player will wear a specialty lavender Eagles Fight Cancer Jersey for this game.
- Jersey Auction: Bid on all authentic Eagles lavender game-worn jerseys via Handbid. The auction runs from noon on Wednesday, January 19th until Saturday, January 22nd at 9 p.m. with all proceeds benefiting the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund.
- Merchandise: a portion of the proceeds from Eagles Fight Cancer merchandise will benefit the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund including
- Eagles Fight Cancer Replica Jerseys
- Eagles Fight Cancer Pucks
- Eagles Fight Cancer T-shirts
- Mystery Player Puck Program: A limited number of Eagles Fight Cancer pucks will be available for sale. Pucks will be randomly signed by players and fans will find out who signed their puck when they order at the merchandise stand or when it arrives on your doorstep. Proceeds will benefit The UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund.
- The Human Bean: The Human Bean is going to jump on board to support the Eagles Fight Cancer game on 1/22 with a Honey Lavender Latte fundraiser from 1/3-1/23. The Human Bean NoCo will give 100% of proceeds to the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund during this window.